Praised as one of the most influential pitmasters in the U.S., self-taught barbecue legend Aaron Franklin has come a long way from the backyard cookouts where he started. Now he has fans across the country, including Jimmy Kimmel and President Barack Obama.
Learn more about Aaron Franklin’s Masterclass at https://mstr.cl/2H9kROa
In 2015, he won the James Beard Foundation Award for Best Chef: Southwest. His Austin, Texas, restaurant Franklin Barbecue was named Bon Appétit Magazine’s Best Barbecue Joint in America, and people stand in line for hours each day to enjoy his mouth-watering smoked brisket.
He also hosts a popular PBS show, BBQ with Franklin, helped launch an annual food and music festival, Hot Luck Fest, and opened Loro, an Asian smokehouse and bar with fellow James Beard Award-winner Tyson Cole.
In his new MasterClass, Aaron teaches you the brisket recipe from Franklin Barbecue and walks you through the meticulous Aaron Franklin brisket process, hour by hour. Learn the low and slow pitmaster techniques that make Central Texas barbecue so deliciously tender, Aaron’s process for selecting the right wood and managing an offset smoker, and his steps for making succulent BBQ ribs and pork butt. Gain a better understanding of the science of barbecue, elevate your smoking techniques, and take your pitmaster skills to the next level.
In this Texas-style BBQ class, you’ll learn about:
• Selecting and sorting wood
• Managing a fire to hit optimal temperatures
• Handling an offset smoker
• Aaron’s exact process for his famous brisket
• Sourcing and smoking pork
• Selecting, trimming, and seasoning cuts
• Beef quality
• Grilling steak
• Preparing sauces
• The history of Central Texas barbecue
More from MasterClass
• Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking: https://www.masterclass.com/gr
• Alice Waters Teaches the Art of Home Cooking: https://www.masterclass.com/aw
• Daniel Negreanu Teaches Poker: https://www.masterclass.com/dn
MasterClass is the streaming platform where anyone can learn from the world’s best. With an annual membership, subscribers get unlimited access to instructors and classes across a wide range of subjects. Each class features about 20 video lessons, at an average of 10 minutes per lesson. You can learn on your own terms — in bite-sized pieces or binge it all at once. Cinematic visuals and close-up, hands-on demonstrations make you feel one-on-one with the instructors, while the downloadable workbooks help reinforce your learning. With MasterClass, you can stream thousands of lessons anywhere, anytime, on mobile, desktop and TV.
• Subscribe: https://mstr.cl/30SH1wj
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/masterclassofficial
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/masterclass
• Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/masterclass
#MasterClass #AaronFranklin #BBQ
Enter your name and email to get this post in PDF!Enter your NameEnter your Email Address